Thursday, February 28, 2013

Why London?

One might ask, "Why would you want to go to London for a mission trip?"  To answer that question requires some back story.  God brought me in contact with Brian Clark this last year.  Brian is a missionary to London.  His story can be found at www.londonbound.org.  After hearing Brian speak about London, I felt that God wanted me to partner with his ministry to spend a week in London with Brian and his team, seeking to share the Gospel with others.  As a pastor, I have a passion for reaching others with the Gospel, but London is a unique city and has become a crossroads of the world much like Rome was of its day.

Why did Paul want to make it to Rome when he was preaching the Gospel?  Because if you could reach Rome, you could reach the world.  The same is true of London.  London is a melting pot of different cultures, languages, and people.  If you can reach London with the Gospel, you can reach the world.  This is why I want to go.  I want to partner with Brian to help his ministry expand its influence and impact on London for the glory of God!

I ask that you prayerfully support me in this adventure.  I am stepping out on faith to go on this trip.  I have never traveled outside the country aside from a few work related trips into Mexico.  I don't have a passport yet, so I am working on that.  I don't have any money for the trip right now either.  So the two things that I need the most right now for this trip are prayer and financial support.  Prayer is first and foremost.  Prayer for God's will and blessings for Brian's church, Crossroads Baptist Church, for the trip, for the Gospel to be well preached, and well received.

The second way you can help is through financial support.  As I mentioned, I have $0 right now so I need your help.  I am trusting that if God wants me to go on this trip that he will provide the finances to go.  If you would like to help financial assist in this endeavor you can send a check or money order to me via my church's P.O. Box.  You can make the check out to "Central Baptist Church" and include in the memo line, "London" or "Missions".  By going through the church you are donating to a 501 (c) 3, non-profit organization and the donation is tax deductible.  The church's address is:

Central Baptist Church
P.O. Box 746
Borger, TX 79008

I thank you ahead of time for your support and prayers.  May God bless you richly for your faithfulness to support the spreading of the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment